1. Handling of Personal Information
The Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association (hereinafter referred to as JEITA or the Association) is engaged in a wide-range of activities, such as the creation and growth of new markets, and the promotion of fundamental technology developments, with the aim in contributing to the comprehensive development of the electronics and IT industries, which in turn will contribute to the development of economy and cultural prosperity of Japan.
To this end, for information on specific individuals obtained through the business activities of JEITA (hereinafter referred to as personal information), the Association has established the "JEITA Rules for Handling Personal Information" in accordance with laws, guidelines and other norms concerning the protection of personal information, and shall abide by these rules to ensure appropriate management and operation of such personal information.
Specifically, personal information collected by JEITA in the course of its business activities through documents, electronic media, websites, etc. that can identify a specific individual by their name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, place of employment, or other description (including information that by itself does not identify an individual but can be easily matched with other information to identify that individual), or that contains a personal identification code, shall be subject to privacy protection.
2. Purpose of Using Personal Information
a. Personal information that JEITA obtains through members applying for membership, registering as a committee or subcommittee member, and notifying of attendance at various meetings, will be used for the following purposes within the scope of the business stipulated in the articles of Association.
- (1) Distribution of JEITA newsletters, reports, and other announcements
- (2) Information provision and management of organizational meetings including JEITA annual conferences, boards and committees * 1
- (3) Information provision and management of activities including seminars and conferences, and other events organized by JEITA * 1
- (4) Operation and management of JEITA official website
- (5) Provision and distribution of JEITA publications such as newsletters, reports and standards
- (6) Response to consultations and reports received by JEITA
- (7) Interaction and distribution of notifications and questionnaires from JEITA
- (8) Other considerations and communications related to the management of the Association
*1: Tasks include creation of rosters, indication of name plates and seating arrangements, and registration in the access control system for various meetings.
b. Personal information obtained upon application for participation in seminars, lectures, and other events hosted by JEITA will be used for the following purposes.
- (1) To confirm attendance, send attendance slips, invoices, and other materials, and manage the reception duties for seminars, lectures, and events. * 2
- (2) To provide information on the next seminar, lecture, event, etc. hosted by JEITA.
*2: Creation of rosters for such seminars, lectures, and events, as well as registration in the access control system, etc.
3. Cookies and Web Beacon
A cookie is a small piece of information that a webserver sends to the browser in use to identify the computer, and it cannot be used to identify a specific individual unless that individual enters personal information.
Depending on the browser used, users may be able to change their browser settings to disable the cookie function, but this may result in the inability to use all or part of the services provided on the Website pages.
Web Beacon is only used to count the number of times a user visits a page and to generate statistical data, and does not have the ability to identify specific individuals.
4. Access Log
This Website records information on visitors in the form of access logs.
The access log is a history of accesses made by a user, including their IP address, type of browser used, and access date and time, and is used for website maintenance and management, statistical analysis of usage, and site enhancement, but only within the scope of the purpose of use of personal information.
5. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
a. JEITA will not provide personal information collected by the Association to third parties except in the following cases:
- (1) When the holder of the information has given their prior consent.
- (2) When it is deemed necessary in accordance with laws and regulations
- (3) When it is necessary for the protection of the life, wellbeing, or property of an individual and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the concerned individual.
- (4) When it is especially necessary to improve public health or to promote the healthy development of children, and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the concerned individual.
- (5) When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government, or an individual or entity entrusted by either a national agency or local government to execute affairs prescribed by law, and when obtaining the consent of the individual is likely to impede the execution of the relevant affairs.
When providing personal information to a third party in accordance with the aforementioned, the Association will take necessary measures, such as limiting the purpose of use, as needed.
b. Personal information obtained when an individual applies to participate in seminars, lectures, events, etc. hosted by JEITA will be used only for the purposes indicated in section “2. Purpose of Using Personal Information”, subsection b, and will not be provided to any third party.
6. Management of Personal Information
The Association will strictly manage personal information obtained within the scope of the aforementioned purposes of use, and will take security measures to prevent unauthorized access, loss, destruction, falsification, leakage, etc., and will strive to ensure the safety of personal information management.
Should the Association outsource the handling of personal information to an external contractor, the Association will enter into a necessary contract to ensure that the contractor complies with security control measures, and will appropriately supervise the handling of the personal information.
7. Disclosure, Correction, Suspension of Use, etc. of Personal Information
JEITA will respond within a reasonable period of time to requests for disclosure, correction, suspension of use, etc. of personal information held by JEITA from the concerned individual.
8. Personal Information Management System
JEITA shall establish a personal information protection management system under the supervision of the Secretary General to ensure thorough management of personal information.
Please contact the following for inquiries regarding the handling, disclosure, etc. of personal information held by JEITA.
Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association
General Affairs Department
Date of establishment: April 22, 2005
Revised: July 20, 2021